Friday, November 13, 2015

MIXED MEDIA POCKET LETTER tutorial by Susanne

Hi my dear crafty friends!

Susanne here today. I have so much fun creating mixed media Pocket Letters. And today I'd like to show you how I did this one:


I started with a gelli print. This one was made with the brand new large ARTplorations stencil "Happy Flowers - Large". I have a 8" x 10" Gelli Plate, so the image I need for a Pocket Letter (7.5" x 10.5") is a little bit to small.

 To avoid the white edges I used my "Tangerine" Gelato. I blended the color with my finger.


Before I added some stamping I cut the whole page into 9 pieces. Each card for one pocket! Then I stamped different sentiments from STAMPlorations. I used the "Follow your Arrow" set, the "Blossom like a Butterfly" set and the "Believe" set. I stamped them with Memento Luxe "Espresso Truffle".


One of my favourite ARTplorations stencils is "Fearless". I stenciled the words "discover", "Art" and "create" with white gesso. The words  are outlines with a "Black" Pitt Artist Pen and colored with the "Cadmium Yellow", "Cobalt Green" and "Pale Geranium Lake" Pitt Pen.


The butterflies from the STAMPlorations "Blossom Like a Butterfly" are so beautiful. I stamped them with "Jet Black" Archival Ink and colored them with Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey).


I used the butterflies and some die cuts from Cottage Cutz, Die-Namites and Marianne Design to decorate the Pockets.






I hope you like my Pocket Letter. See you next time, happy crafting!
Susanne.

ARTplorations stencils:
Happy Flowers (L)
Fearless

STAMPlorations stamps:
Follow your Arrow
Blossom like a Butterfly
Believe


Other supplies:
Gelli Plate + Acrylic Paints
Gelatos "Tangerine"
Memento Luxe "Espresso Truffle"
Pitt Artist Pens: Black, Cadmium Yellow, Cobalt Green, Pale Geranium Lake
Marianne Deisgn Butterflies
Sizzix Butterflies
Cottage Cutz Die
Die-Namites Dies (Heart Branch, Spring Branch)

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous and very creative idea. Thank you for the instructions, very inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous piece of art work. LOVE IT:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Stunning mixed media pocket letters!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog