Monday, January 11, 2016

ARTIST TRADING BLOCK tutorial by Susanne

Hi everyone, Susanne here today and I like to share with you this butterfly artist trading block.


Here are the step by step instructions:

1. Cut the blank for the block (I used the Silhouette Cameo) and prime it with gesso.


2. Add Gelatos: Green Tea, Cinnamon, Mango.


3. Use the "Shower of Flutters" to remove some of the color with a baby wipe.

4. Add the title from the "Blossom like a Butterfly" stamp set with "jet black" Archival Ink.

5. Build the cube, don't adhere the lid, and cover the edges with Distress embossing powder (vintage photo, mustard seed, spiced maramalade)

6. Cover the Lid with Gel Medium and adhere different embellishments.

7. While the lid dries you can prepare the butterflies. Stamp them with Archival Ink and color them. I used Distress Inks for coloring.

8. Use wire and hot glue to adhere the butterflies. Fill your block with sand  before you close it and pouch the butterflies into the lid.




I hope my ATB gives you some springy feelings. Spring is my favourite season and I love to decorate my home with butterflies and bright colors. See you soon. Please visit my blog for more inspiration. xx Susanne.

ARTplorations stencil:
Shower of Flutters

STAMPloration stamps:
Blossom like a Butterfly

4 comments:

  1. Such a clever and very pretty project. Love how you've done the block/box with different mediums and techniques. Fabulous project x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat a gorgeous project!! Thank you for the step wise tutorial , it is helpful! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project Susanne! It is great to learn how you used different techniques to make it

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW... this is beautiful! Great for decor!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog