Monday, May 16, 2016

ART PAGE tutorial by Kim

Hi Kim here!

Today I just wanted to share an art journal page and the steps I did to create it. It was fun playing with just stamps, stencils and acrylic paints. My 'art journal' is an old magazine.

Hope you like it!


Step 1 Masked off the rest of the pages since I am a really messy creator. I just used some cheap foil and painter's tape. I used white acrylic on the base of the page in progress.


Step 2 Applied a wash of medium blue acrylic. Once I did that I proceeded to drop my wet rag on it. The splotches looked cool so I just left it.


Step 3 Add some ground in yellow acrylic. I smeared the paints using my fingers and an old giftcard. At the top, I wanted it brighter, so I added some more white.


Step 4 Darken the top and side using a much darker blue fluid acrylic. I like the fluid acrylics since they are fairly transparent.


Step 5 Smeared and swirled with fingers for texture.



Step 6 Added some random lines of contrasting color using the edge of an old giftcard.


Step 7 Acrylics dry fairly fast so it makes it fun to keep going. I used the Old Rose Prints ARTplorations stencil with some white gesso. I sprayed some Pink Glimmer Mist on while wet and while the stencil was in place.



Step 8 More stenciling with white acrylic using the Square Links ARTplorations stencil. Love this stencil for pattern and texture!


 Step 9 More stenciling using ARTplorations Oh My Stars and Bloom Silhouettes. I love the pop of white on the dark blue!


Step 10 Center stencil with ARTplorations LARGE Happy Flowers.



Finishing touches with STAMPlorations stamps and Stazon Ink. I used Bold Sentiments Imagine and Trendy Butterflies. The Old Rose Prints flowers were too pink, so I applied a bit of purple over them and it came out with a sort of tie-dye look. Using the same purple I added some random splatters.


Thanks for reading, have a fabulous day!
~kim

4 comments:

  1. Its beautiful ,loved seeing each step of how you created the background and layered various stencils !Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful ,loved seeing each step of how you created the background and layered various stencils !Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog