Friday, June 17, 2016

LEFTOVER TAGS tutorial by Kim

Hi Kim here!

Today I have a quick tag to share with this step by step! Don't know about you but I have lots of gelatin plate prints in my stash. Many for different reasons, some are too pretty and I don't want to cover them up and some I just didn't like the results. But, of course! I could not toss them in the trash haha

Step 1
Gather prints and I used a manila folder to cut a 'tag' from.

Step 2

Without thinking much on it, start to tear up pieces to fit into your tag, canvas or card substrate. Stash bust, not keep :)


Step 3

Small space I settled on 4 main torn 'chunks'. Attach with matte medium or whatever collage medium you prefer, once you have a basic arrangement set. Let dry. When I use a  manila tag, I coat the backside as well with matte medium, I finds it helps so the paper doesn't buckle and warp as much.


Step 4

Embellish the top layer with your favorite stencil. Here I used ARTPlorations Bloom Factory with some white acrylic paint.


Step 5

If you coat the surface with matte medium, you have a bit of time to wipe away any marks you just stenciled. Likewise, if you don't like the stenciling at all, wipe it all away and try something else or another stencil or color.


I wiped away some messy marks at the top.



Step 6 

Stamp some more fun stuff on top. I used Stazon so it would dry easily on top of the matte medium.
The butterfly stamp is from the STAMPlorations TRENDY BUTTERFLY set. The butterfly fits into the shape on the ARTplorations Flutters and Splatters Large stencil. 



Step 7 

More butterfly marks and words from Trendy Butterfly. The words Create and Art are from the ARTplorations Fearless Large stencil.

Edge the tag with a paint dauber. 


Final

Have a wonderful day!
~kim

1 comment:

  1. Such fun, vibrant colours and great tip with the mixed medium and be able to wipe away anything...thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog