Monday, June 13, 2016

WATERCOLOUR TAGS (with brushos) tutorial by Susanne


Hi my dear crafty friends!

It's Susanne writing today and I wanna give you step by step instructions for these two watercolor tags. I used one of my Brusho backgrounds. I love to play with these awesome powders.

1. Create a background with Brusho powders. I alternate in adding water with a spray bottle and Brusho pigments until I am happy.


2. I have a homemade tag stencil with which I can choose where to cut my tags from.


3. I ended up with these two backgrounds:


4. To add some texture to them I use the ARTplorations stencils Nestled CirclesSquare Links and
Tribal Swirl. Instead of adding any color through the stencils, I only add water with a spray bottle.


5. Remove the stencil and let the color react with the water. Dab it off with a paper towel. You'll end up with some pretty ghosting textures.



 6. My background is not done yet. I add some splatters for more interesst.




7. Now it's time to stamp the main images and the titles. I use black pigment ink together with the Small Birds and the Large Hummingbird stamp set.


8. The sentiments are from the Font Expressions 2 and Follow Your Arrow sets.


 9. Finally I color the images. I use Pastel Pencils for the first one...


... and colored pencils for the second.






Thank you for stopping by today!!!
xx Susanne.

Products from STAMPlorations:
Small Birds - The Bee's Knees
Large Hummingbird
Font Expressions 2
Follow Your Arrow

Products from ARTplorations:
Nestled Circles
Square Links
Tribal Swirl

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags, I love the vibrant colours and your step by step is very helpful Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely glorious...learnt so much from this post. Thank you so much for the inspiration and the ideas. Loving those tags x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! My brushos are still in their box so thank you for the instructions, much appreciated... now where did I put them??!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! My brushos are still in their box so thank you for the instructions, much appreciated... now where did I put them??!! x

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog